Wednesday, February 7, 2007

What's the point?

Why bother with a Blog? I don't know myself. Not sure what I hope to accomplish. I certainly don't have amazing aspirations like getting Kevin Costner to look at my webpage, or turning a paperclip into a jumbo jet. I don't expect anybody to read it, which makes it an exercise in masturbation that would have embarrassed me even as a 14 year old. Basically, I'm at a place in my life where I've realized I'm so much the average white male that I'm not sure how I got here. Mid-life crisis? I'm too young, first of all, and secondly I have no desire to cheat on my wife and I'm driving a piece of crap rather than a sports car or a motorcycle. Those are the tell tale signs aren't they?

So I need to get in touch with who I am, with what my dreams once were, and I need to remember what it's like to have a life of passion instead of a life of apathy. Maybe I'll be shouting into an empty room, which is something that has always been fine with me, but I find that writing helps me to get in touch with my subconscious in ways that nothing else can.

I need to figure out how how to replace apathy and routine with hopes and dreams. It sounds big, but it's just as likely to end up with me swearing about the guy that cut me off on the way to work.

No comments: