Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Screenplay Part Deux

Stuck in traffic last night I thought about my screenplay for over an hour. The whole time I was wishing I had a tape recorder to get some thoughts down, something to think about going forward. I got home and wanted to just start typing on the computer. As soon as I walked in the door I found out my Mom had arrived for dinner, so I sat down to eat. Then I had promised my son I'd play with him, so I did that. 2 hours after I'd walked in the door I'd lost every ounce of inspiration I was feeling.

I did realize which movies I need to sit down and watch which will be useful for my writing, so that's a positive. I'd hoped to at the very least have a chance to draw a map of the area the story takes place in so that I have a reference when I'm writing, but that didn't get done either. So often I feel like I'm living a life of obligations. Some of them I love, some of them I hate, all of them seem to stand between me and my dreams at times.

No comments: